What to Bring & Not Bring to Wekiva Springs
If you or a loved one will be staying at Wekiva Springs Center during treatment, please read through our lists of permitted and prohibited items to prepare for admission. If you’re currently taking prescription medicine, call the admissions department at 904-296-3533 prior to assessment so we can determine which medications are necessary to bring with you. Please be aware that undergarments, including bras, must be worn. However, bras containing underwire are not permitted.
- Casual, modest and comfortable clothing is recommended. Please bring only enough clothes for approximately three to five days. We have washers, dryers and laundry detergent available at no charge.
- Slip-on or Velcro athletic shoes
- Fitness and yoga clothes
- One-piece swimsuit when seasonally appropriate (optional)
- Jacket or sweater for cold weather and air-conditioned group room (recommended)
- Appropriate reading material (paperback novels are allowed but we recommend recovery-related books)
- Stationery, stamps, and a personal journal or notepads (not spiral bound)
- AA Big Books
- Clothing with references to alcohol, tobacco, violence, profanity or sexually explicit or suggestive messages
- Backless shirts, spaghetti straps, tank tops, tube tops, low cut, sheer or see-through blouses or clothing
- Short shorts, short skirts, low rise jeans, pants or shorts
- Belts, drawstrings or shoe strings
- Personal toiletry items (will be provided for you)
- Products that contain alcohol such as mouthwash and facial astringents
- Glass items such as picture frames, mirrors, make-up bottles, perfumes, etc.
- Cell phones, pagers, PDA’s and other handheld electronics
- Laptop computers or tablets
- Cameras or video recording equipment.
- Food products of any kind, including candy, gum, breath mints and beverages
- Non-prescription medications, vitamins or herbal supplements
- Mood altering substances of any kind
- Weapons or items that could be used as a weapon
- Expensive jewelry (we are not responsible for lost or stolen items)
- Excessive amounts of cash beyond recommended spending money
- Writing instruments (we will provide appropriate instruments).
- Hardcover, hardback, hardbound books or any books bound with rigid protective covers.