What to Expect During Treatment
At Wekiva Springs Center, everyone receives a customized treatment program, although there are many components to the daily schedule that hold true for all patients in our care. If you or a loved one will be staying with us during treatment, please read below to learn the activities that take place every day at our facility.
- Community meeting: Daily group-building time when patients learn about leadership and group dynamics, formulate and update life goals, celebrate progress and address issues that relate to the community.
- Yoga: Forging a mind-body connection as part of the healing process.
- Meditation: Mental exercises that help keep patients focused and self-aware.
- Primary group (process): Small, carefully composed groups that explore habitual patterns of thought and behavior and unhealthy coping strategies. This is a key component of every patient’s daily schedule. It is overseen by a therapist.
- Stress management: Structured, experiential activities that teach relaxation techniques and positive imaging patients can use when they return to the community.
- Patients with eating disorders and psychiatric conditions spend this time addressing underlying issues to discover solutions and cooperate in the recovery process.
- Cognitive behavioral integration: Facilitated group which helps patients merge new thinking with action strategies through role – playing and other experiential activities.
Early Evening Activities
- Support groups: Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous support groups that visit to provide additional support the recovery process.
- Journaling (wrap-up): Therapeutic process in which patients respond to their thoughts with private entries in their journals.
- Lights out